segunda-feira, 17 de janeiro de 2011

Am I Stylish?

Hello, everyone!

First of all, I know this is getting old, but I just can’t NOT thank you guys. Seriously, your comments never fail to make me smile. Again – THANK YOU!

Now, I’ve read some really amazing suggestions for my last cooking experiment… so I decided to make a poll!

It’s on the side – basically the first thing you’ll see after reading my blog’s title (“Fro-Yo Lover”) on the sidebar on your right.

*I tried to insert this poll on this post, but I couldn’t! After a few too many tries, I gave up. Could someone please tell me how to do this? I’m using Windows Live Writer, and it just doesn’t work!*

Can’t wait to see the results!

Now, onto the title…

You guys should know that not only one, but two lovely ladies nominated me for the “Stylish Blogger Award”!

Stylish-Blogger

First of all, I want to thank Madeleine (from Stepping To The Bright Side) and Jessica (from Tasty and Trim). Thank you so much, girls! I love your blogs, too ;)

Second of all… I gotta be honest. I was really surprised when I read the “stylish” part. I never really cared about clothes when I was young (I mean, a kid):

photo 5 (1)

At the ripe age of one :)

photo 3 (2)

Maybe 5 or 6 years old

photo 5 

At around 9 years old

 photo 2 (2)

10 years old

leleca

Around 11 years old (can you believe this is Lelê?! She and Baby Mig are SO alike!)

DSCF6556

For side comparision.

Anyway – you get my point. Fashion was never my strongest suit.

On the last two (maybe three) years though, I’ve been developing more of a… how can I explain? Fashion sense? The thing is, this award couldn’t have come at a better time. I’m still the same non-fashionista Gabriela… but with better clothing :)

I like dressing up from time to time… who doesn’t, right?

maria18

Now, onto the award’s rules.

I must tell 7 random facts about me. Here we go!

1. When asked what would I want to be when I grow up, I would always answer “A writer”. Since I was 2. (I’m not even kidding – Grandma has videos of me saying so)

2. My Mom gave me birth when she was 25. So when she was 40, I was 15. (I love numbers that end with 5 – I was born on 1995)

3. He might not be aware of this, but my Grandfather (Mom’s Dad) is pretty much my favorite person in the world. Seriously, I don’t know what I’d do or where I’d be without him.

4. I love English. I mean, seriously. Sometimes I feel more comfortable writing in English then in Portuguese. Go figure!

5. I don’t have a “favorite color” per se, but when people ask me I always answer “white” – maybe because it reminds me of peace… Even if Lelê still says “White can’t be your favorite color. White’s not a REAL color! What’s white’s color?” (At this point, when I say “white” again, she’s pretty pissed off. So I let it go – poor baby… Haha.)

6. I (kind of) play the guitar. I mean, I love to sing and to play, but I’m not sure I’m actually good at it. Oh, the mysteries of life…

7. 13 is definitely my lucky number. And T-Swift totally stole that from me! (hahaha, just kidding. Or not…)

Hope you liked my random facts – because there’s more to come!

I recently discovered I was nominated for awards I never posted here!

I mean to do post at least one tag/award per post. How does that sound to you guys? Pretty acceptable, right?

So, yeah!

Vote for your favorite recipe name, and let me know if you could relate to any of my random facts!

(I’m sure I’m not alone… or am I?)

See you guys soon!

xoxo

G.

24 comentários:

  1. Parabens! Clare que voce merece o award! Style is so much more than just clothes. And yes, you are stylish :)

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Love your facts :)
    I'm sure you do know how to play a guitar ;)

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Fun poll, vote cast. :-) Cute pics and great facts.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. I love the photos you put up leading into the blogger award. They're so cute! And even though we look back at old photos like that and think how unstylish we were, just think of how stylish we thought we were back then!! That's all that counts anyway since "style" changes every single day. :P Very fun facts, too!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. I voted! And this was a fun post, it was nice to learn all of those random facts :) love the old school pictures!

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Congratulations on the award, and I love the outfit :)

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Congrats on the award! And yes, you are very stylish! :D

    ResponderExcluir
  8. Love your cute outfit! The random facts about you were fun to read, thanks for sharing girlie. Shoot I want to learn Portuguese, teach me?

    ResponderExcluir
  9. Cute outfit! You've definitely got style, girl! Congrats on your award, too :)

    Also, I definitely think that white is a color - a gorgeous one at that!

    ResponderExcluir
  10. super cute outfit! you are totally stylish nowadays!

    ResponderExcluir
  11. I nominated you too...! (Just realised I was supposed to send you a comment telling you that, oops!)
    So that makes you triply stylish... :-)
    Love the cute baby photos too

    ResponderExcluir
  12. OMG love the outfit! And I love that you love writing in English because it is absolutely flawless!
    I REALLY hope I visit Rio during Spring Break and if I do we better meet up!

    ResponderExcluir
  13. You = gorgeous! I didn't have any fashion sense growing up either but thankfully I'm starting to get better. Sometimes I wonder what I was thinking as a kid!

    I'm not sure how to post a poll using Windows Live Writer but I remember having difficulties with it too. :/

    ResponderExcluir
  14. I love your facts and have been wondering about you mom's age...not that I'm nosy.
    But I am.
    You have awesome genes!
    i loved hearing more about you...more viseos of you and your guitar please!

    I think I might vote for my own entry...sorry I'm not sorry. (0:

    ResponderExcluir
  15. Love these awards! I has been so fun reading everyone's 7 random facts! My favorite person in the entire world was my grandpa (my mom's dad). He died about two years ago but I think about him all the time, he was my best friend. My lucky number is also 13! I was born on Friday the 13 and think that is worth some luck!

    ResponderExcluir
  16. Oh my gosh, girl! You are sooo gorgeous! And definitely stylish! I'm pretty stylish too, but I don't blog. Just read other people's! :)

    ResponderExcluir
  17. Love the facts about you! My grandpa was my favorite person too :)
    That outfit is smokin!!! You are most definitely stylish! xx

    ResponderExcluir
  18. Your outfit is adorable, I love it. Where did you buy it? You are most certainly stylish.

    I was extremely close with my grandfather as well, go figure.

    ResponderExcluir
  19. I wish I could sing! I like your outfit. Very cute.

    ResponderExcluir
  20. I love your dressed up look! Very cute. Your random facts are fun... I like English too! (but maybe that's because it's the only one I know.) :)

    ResponderExcluir
  21. Congrats on winning the SBA! You're so pretty and have a great sense of style! :]

    ResponderExcluir
  22. You look gorgeous girl! Love the outfit!

    Just tell Lele that white can to be your favorite color because it is the presence of ALL colors!

    I definitely have a thing with numbers like 5's and 0's. I feel like there's more balance to a number if it's rounded to the nearest 5/0! I love English too, but only b/c that's the only language I speak!! ;)

    ResponderExcluir