sexta-feira, 31 de dezembro de 2010

Last Post of The Decade

Hello, everyone!

How cool is that, people? Today’s the last day of the decade!

And, of course, my last post, too.

That makes me incredibly happy… but a bit sad, too. I mean, 2010 flied! Don’t you think so?

I almost couldn’t believe it when Dad told me today was New Year’s Eve. Is it? Haha.

2010 was definitely a great year. I mean, obviously, I’ve had my ups and downs. But overall, I’d say it was a success.

And, by the way – your comments on my last post helped me SO much!

I talked to Mom, and instead of saying she’d stop, she taught me valuable lesson.

She said: “I don’t read minds. Nobody does. You should know by now that people usually joke. And jokes are not always nice. I’m sorry I hurted you, but you shouldn’t be so upset. You shouldn’t let people’s words get to you so much. Otherwise, everytime someone disappoints you or says something “wrong” or “bad” about you, you’ll be devastated. And I don’t want to see you sad and unhappy all the time. I want to see you strong and happy. Be strong, sweetheart.”

Ok, so maybe these were not her exact words. But it’s the same message.

It was kind of hard to hear, but I know it’s true. I shouldn’t let people’s comments and jokes get to me so much.

Isn’t our Moms (almost) always right?

Anyhow, I figured I should post a few reasons why I’m actually proud to be short.

I might not be able to reach to the highest shelf…

height

(taking pics with the “timer” function isn’t easy, ok?)

But I can sure hide rather easily when I feel like it

DSCF6384

(and yep, I’m smiling. But you can’t see it because I’m playing with my iPod, haha)

I should be proud of who I am. No matter how tall (besides, I’m only 15. I might just grow a few more inches… Hehe)

A little Christmas recap:

DSCF6301

At the mall, with Lelê and Baby Mig

DSCF6318

At my Family’s Christmas Dinner (on December 23rd… long story, haha)

DSCF6351

At Grandma’s house, on Christmas Eve

photo (1)

At Grandma’s (Dad’s Mom) house on Christmas Day. Love this picture!

I guess that’s all. Oh, and before I forget about it – last year, I recorded a Christmas video with a super-talented friend of mine called Renata. We’re still on Holiday season, right? Haha. I hope you like it!

Wish you all an amazing NYE and a 2011 full of joy, accomplishments, happiness and health!

Love you all SO much.

Bring it on, 2011!

XOXO

G.

34 comentários:

  1. Awwe, I love the video! Happy New Year, sweetheart!! xoxo

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Happy New Year! I hope the year is amazing for you!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Aww I love the video!! Happy 2011 love :)

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Adorable family, that baby pic killed me! Have a beautiful 2011 full of blessings and rad memories and adventures and amazing food! I can't believe tomorrow is twenty-eleven already! Can we go back to 1999?

    Happy weekend :)

    ResponderExcluir
  5. I really hope your new year is all you hope for. I like being short too and getting through small spaces. In one of my jobs at the beginning of 2010, I was working at the same university and I could fit into their assignment box where the students their essays. It's great to be small :-)
    ~Sarah~

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Happy New Year! Here's to an amazing 2011!

    ResponderExcluir
  7. you have a great voice!!! Have a happy new year :)

    Scott

    ResponderExcluir
  8. You should definitely be proud of who you are!

    ResponderExcluir
  9. Cute pics!! Happy new year!! Hope 2011 is good for you!

    ResponderExcluir
  10. you have a wonderful voice :)
    thank you so much for all your sweet comments. i hope that 2011 is the best year yet for you. take care little love <3
    xoxoxo
    much love

    ResponderExcluir
  11. happy new year, sweetie! you are too cute hiding under your desk. lol
    xox.

    ResponderExcluir
  12. happy new year!You are amazingly talented, and let's hope for a fantastic year :DD

    ResponderExcluir
  13. Happy New Year!! I'm so glad to hear that you had the discussion with your mom and that it all went well. It can be hard to do, but it's worth it in the end. :)

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ResponderExcluir
  14. I never thought of it as the last day of the decade...haha! Awesome.

    ResponderExcluir
  15. Moms are always right. Well, most of the time. You have an adorable family!

    ResponderExcluir
  16. Aww love the video! Hope your new years was great

    ResponderExcluir
  17. I LOVE THIS!
    Yay for photo-illiustrations! So fun!

    Yay for your mom -- she drops some logic, huh?
    Mine too.

    That video is great!

    ResponderExcluir
  18. Such cute photos! I'm glad you had a good Christmas - the babies are adorable!!

    Happy New Year love :)

    ResponderExcluir
  19. I'm glad you talked to your mom and cleared everything up. And she's right, be strong! And be proud of who you are. Remember, short is cute. There's nothing wrong with it! I'm kinda short and I like it. I didn't always... when I was younger I wanted to be a bit taller. But now? I've learned to love it and wouldn't choose to be any either height. I can get picked up and carried around and piggybacked no problemo. Being short is fun haha.

    Loving the Christmas song and I hope 2011 treats you splendidly!

    ResponderExcluir
  20. Mom's usually are right! Or at least they usually have some good insight. :)

    You've been holding out on us! You have a great voice--I love the video!

    Happy New Year to you beautiful! :)

    ResponderExcluir
  21. Being short is where it's at! I'm 5'4 and yes, it's hard to reach shelves but hey, at least most guys are taller than me. 8)

    I love the video! You guys are adorable and crazy talented. I can't sing OR play an instrument. Not only that but you both are GOOD!

    ResponderExcluir
  22. LOVE. THE. VIDEO.

    I cannot do anything musical. Very impressed :)

    ResponderExcluir
  23. I'm glad that you're happy with who you are!(: I guess your mom is sorta right.. we can't always care so much about what other people think of us. In the end we just have to accept ourselves.

    ResponderExcluir
  24. I'm really short too and I used to be so self conscious about it, but now I embrace it! My parents always used to reassure me by saying "Good things come in small packages". ;)

    Hope the new year is going well for you!

    ResponderExcluir
  25. So glad you and your mom were able to talk about things. She has a very good point! The saying is now ringing in my ears: "Mama knows best"

    Love your video! You girls have definitely got some talent! And I think you look absolutely beautiful in your Christmas pix! Happy New Year sweetie! Hope it's been a rockin' 2011 for you so far!

    ResponderExcluir
  26. Happy Holidays sweetie!!!!!! I love the picture of you under the desk...too cute =)

    ResponderExcluir
  27. Hi Gabriela, thanks for sending me your thoughts on naming of Bella and the Boys. Although you were not the main winner, I thought that since only two of you had a go, that you should win a runner's up prize. You mentioned that you liked my zines, so if you would like to choose one [except issue two of By the Skin of My Teeth, as it's sold out] and email me at sabby120@netspace.net.au I will send it out to you. It doesn't matter that you don't live in Australia either. That's fine.
    ~Sarah~

    ResponderExcluir
  28. aw girl, the year really did fly by! Iheart that baby in the xmas eve pic. what a face!

    Happy 2011!

    ResponderExcluir
  29. Hot damn, girl! You can sing. That sounds so ah-maze-ing!

    ResponderExcluir