quinta-feira, 23 de dezembro de 2010

1 Year Old, and Let’s CELEBRATE!

Hey guys!

So, I’m happy (and sad) to announce that December 15th marked Fro-Yo Lover’s first year!

Happy because, well, blogging makes me happy. And I’m really thankful for all the awesome people I met though blogworld, and all the amazing comments that made me stay so focused and strong. You guys are amazing!

Sad because… well… it’s December 23rd now! I should’ve remembered to post on December 15th instead of being so lazy and waiting for so long. Well, anyway… There’s still time to celebrate… right?

I’d like to write down things I’m thankful for, since I was MIA during Thanksgiving season (plus, we don’t celebrate Thanksgiving in Brazil). Let’s see…

I’m thankful for:

- my (wonderful) Mom, who’s always been there for me when I most needed

DSCF1368

At our hotel at Boston’s elevator. ‘Cause we’re classy like that ;)

- Baby Mig (he’s the sweetest 3-month-old baby ever! Followed by Baby Avery, haha)

DSCF5770

- improving my relationship with my 14-year-old sister Bruna (who just turned 14 on December 17th! Happy Birthday, sis!)

DSCF6274

- being able to study at a nice school, and seeing that all my study was worth it in the end

bturma 

1º B (our class)

de

Looking like angels…

escola

… but not for long ;)

- having such wonderful, sweet and funny friends who care about me so much

dezembr

DSCF4172

DSCF4459

DSCF5028

DSCF4357

- my family (just no words. I might complain about them once in a while, but I consider myself very lucky for being related to those guys)

DSCF0738

- recovery

- peanut butter (seriously! I tried it for the first time in January, and it was love at the first bite!)

DSCF2091

- the amazing bloggers and friends I met though my blog (personally or virtually)

meetup

Blog Meet-Up with Gabriela, from Une Vie Saine

DSCF1446

Lunch with Elina, from Healthy and Sane

[n706596858_818002_9267.jpg]

My dear friend Taylor (she no longer writes at A Chomp and a Chance)

- living in my house. I love my bedroom, computer, books, mobile phone, iPod and clothes just the way they are ;)

DSCF5588

Computer, iPod, school results, recipe notebook… must-needs :)

- being able to dress-up as an elf and sing my little heart out at Grandma’s hometown. It makes me so happy to make people smile and sing along!

Noel_1_197

Noel_1_203

And many, many more… I’ll never be thankful enough for everything I am and have.

But, anyhow…

I’ll be spending Christmas with Mom’s side of the family and New Year with Dad’s side. Tomorrow I’m meeting my Godmother so we can do a little Christmas shopping together, then I’m headed to Grandpa’s house for our traditional December 23rd Christmas Dinner. I’m sure it’ll be fun!

By the way, speaking of Grandpa, I have I picture taken last Sunday (after my Mom’s Run&Walk for Longevity event) with him to show. He just bought himself an eletric bike. So cool!

DSCF6296 

Oh, and before I forget it…

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, EVERYONE!

Wish you all a Merry Christmas (if you’re catholic) and a Happy Hanukkah (if you’re jew). And an amazing 2011, full of peace, love and cheer. Love you all!

DSCF6243

Baby Miguel wishes you all a “Feliz Natal!”, which means “Merry Christmas!”. And for all the jews out there, forgive me. But he’s just a baby. :)

See you soon!

(2011 or sooner!)

XOXO

G.

21 comentários:

  1. Happy blog birthday, and very happy holidays to you!! :)

    ResponderExcluir
  2. happy birthday to your blog!

    and i'm thankful for YOU! getting to know you has been such a blessing and I love talking to you. You really are such an inspiration and it's fantastic to see you living (and loving) your life and getting ready for a future free from the bad things in your past.

    have a wonderful wonderful Christmas! I love you :]

    ResponderExcluir
  3. It's funny - I did the exact same thing! But I haven't actually followed through with a "Hey, it's my blog's late birthday!" post. I'm too lazy, you could say ;)

    We really do have a lot to be grateful and thankful for. But the most important thing we have are our lives. Without them, we wouldn't have blogging, friends, family, love; anything. We've been given this chance to become amazing people - we're full of that potential, we just have to allow ourselves to see it and use it!

    Let's celebrate our LIVES. Because they're so worth celebrating.

    Merry Christmas, beautiful girl.

    <3
    Eleanor

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hooray for blogging for a year! Congrats! And I love all of your things to be thankful for, I feel that way around this time, too!

    I also love you in that elf costume. :-) Merry Christmas!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Happy blog anniversary! It was great to meet you in person this past summer :)

    ResponderExcluir
  6. happy blog birthday!! I am so glad to have found your blog :)

    and your little brother is so cute!!

    Merry christmas :)

    Scott

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Congrats on your blogiversary!! :) And I love this entire post. Especially your picture in the elf costume, sooo cute!! Happy Holidays girl! xoxo

    ResponderExcluir
  8. CONGRATS!!!

    You look so beautiful in your Elf costume! I want that get up!

    You have so much to be thankful for. I don't know what I would do without Thanksgiving it is my 2nd favorite holiday.

    Have a great Merry Christmas.

    ResponderExcluir
  9. You tried peanut butter for the FIRST time in January??? How did you survive without it for so long???

    ResponderExcluir
  10. Congratulations to your blogging birthday! It's great that you derive so much happiness and support from your blog. (I do as well, and I've read many people saying so.)

    Have a wonderful Christmas with your (mom's part) family, and keep experiencing thankfulness every day in your life! :D

    ResponderExcluir
  11. You look absolutely stunning as an elf my dear, seriously :)
    I'm glad you had a good year, happy birthday to your blog!
    And a merry christmas to you and your family, I hope you'll have a wonderful time!

    ResponderExcluir
  12. happy blog birthday - and merry christmas!!

    ResponderExcluir
  13. Yay for friends and family and happiness and blog birthdays! Merry christmas!

    ResponderExcluir
  14. Happy birthday blog! LOVED this post. Girl, you ARE GORGEOUS!

    ResponderExcluir
  15. What wonderful pictures; I'm about to go back and re-read/view the post! Happy holidays
    Katherine

    ResponderExcluir
  16. Merry Christmas, Gabriela! It looks like Miguel enjoyed his first Christmas, and you had a wonderful holiday.

    happy 1 year!

    ResponderExcluir
  17. Happy 1 year!!!! And Happy Holidays!!! I can't believe you only tried peanut butter for the first time in January!!!

    ResponderExcluir
  18. Congrats on 1 year!! I love you and your blog and am so happy that you have so much to be thankful for. You have such a beautiful family and you are a very beautiful person inside and outside, too. Hope you have a terrific New Year! xoxo

    ResponderExcluir
  19. what an incredible year! I love Elina, such a sweetheart. Happy Blog Birthday and Feliz Navidad!

    ResponderExcluir
  20. Awww, happy birthday to your blog! All great things to be thankful for...especially peanut butter! How on Earth did you live before it?? ;)
    Hope you had a very merry Christmas! And by the way, I love you in your elf costume! Too cute!

    ResponderExcluir
  21. Happy blog birthday! You make a beautiful elf :)

    ResponderExcluir