quarta-feira, 12 de maio de 2010

Whatever Works

Hey, people!

I´m sorry about my last word-y post. But I really needed to say it to someone, and I´d like to thank you all for the kind words. I felt almost fine just for reading your comments :)

Well, the situation has pretty much stayed the same those last few days. Except for the fact that I´m no longer allowed to do any afternoon activity besides school (which means no social project, gym or english course for me). Dad said I was getting too tired… And he was kind of right. I can barely breath through all my school homework :P

Anyhow. I just wanted to let you guys know I´m much better now, even though I don´t feel 100%. I´ll let you guys know the details a little later, when I´m ready. For know, I think I´ll just share some old pics from my camera… It´s been a while since I last posted my eats!

Breakfasts

DSCF2874

Half a granola bar with 1/2 container of plain non-fat yogurt

DSCF2877

Half an Oats N´Honey granola bar with 1/2 container of plain non-fat yogurt

DSCF2902

Apple+Cinnamon Raisin Swirl

DSCF2913

Apple+Smooth Operator

DSCF2918

Apple+Smooth Operator

Lunches

DSCF2888

Salad with lettuce, tomato, carrots, crumbled turkey burguer and tomato sauce

DSCF2908

Slice of codfish pie, baked sweet potato, steamed spinach, bean salad, tomato slices and corn

DSCF2929 

Baked sweet potato, steamed pumpkin slices, tomato slices and bean salad

Pic_0079

Slice of Ricotta and Spinach quiche, turkey, steamed veggies, cassava and heart-of-palms

Pic_0084

White cheese, banana and cinnamon sandwich on a whole wheat bread (Holy YUM!)

Pic_0095

Grilled fish, broccoli rice and black beans…

Pic_0098

…with tons of steamed broccoli added a little later

Pic_0117

Spinach quiche with Caprese Salad (T´was GOOD…)

Pic_0114

Fresh unsweetened OJ on the side :)

Pic_0129

Salad with heart-of-palms, lettuce, turkey breast, ricotta, pineapple, eggplant and mustard sauce

Pic_0161

Random buffet-style plate: chicken pie, soy “meat”-ball, cucumber, carrots, beets, kale, cauliflower omelet, okra…

Pic_0178

Spinach and Ricotta quiche, mashed pumpkin, rice, black beans and a grilled turkey breast

Pic_0141

Medium-sized 0% fat 0% sugar plain Fro-Yo… Don´t ask ;)

Snacks

DSCF2880

Granola bar – Oats N´Honey…

DSCF2896

Apple

DSCF2922

Ripe pear

DSCF2932

Pineapple slices

Pic_0080

Pineapple, mango and melon mix

Dinners

Pic_0150

Spinach quiche with a side salad (I chose lettuce, beets, carrots, olives, hear-of-palms and broccoli with a PAX light dressing) 

Pic_0149

Pineapple juice on the side :)

Pic_0182

Spinach quiche slices, mashed pumpkin and baked sweet potato

Desserts

Pic_0128

Small tart Fro-Yo with banana and pineapple slices

Pic_0157

Small plain tart Fro-Yo

Pic_0165

Small tart Fro-Yo with pineapple slices

Oh, and just so you know: those are “old pics”. Which means I´m now trying to change my eating habits – getting a bit more fuel, as Mom would say. So don´t judge :)

I guess I´ll see you guys later… As soon as I can download my phone pictures on my PC, haha.

Have a wonderful night!

XOXO

G.

P.S.: I watched “Whatever Works” on theaters yesterday with Mom, and I absolutely loved it… It has a great message! Go watch it – I totally recommed it! xoxo,G.

5 comentários:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better love...I just realized that I never commented on your last post after reading it while writing a paper!! I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling again, but I know your father only wants what's best for you, and getting better is absolutely essential to your health in the long run. You can do it girl!! I sent you a reply email last week by the way, did you ever get it?

    Stay strong, love you!! xoxo

    ResponderExcluir
  2. It seems like you're in a much better place! I think you made an important step, girl! I know how hard it is, but you're strong and you have a lot of people in the blog community who know what you're going through! Good luck!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I'm glad you're going to get the rest you need. It will all get better soon!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Hey gorgeous!
    It's good to hear you are feeling better. A break from your afternoon activities will make you feel better in the long run even if it doesn't seem like it right now! Try to enjoy it, you deserve some rest!
    Love all the foodie pictures!!! I wish fro-you was easier to get here!!! xxxxx

    ResponderExcluir
  5. I'm happy to hear that you're feeling better, hun, and even happier to hear that you're doing your best to change your eating habits and fuel yourself properly. That really is the best thing you can do for yourself, and you'd be amazed to see how well your body responds to the proper amount of nourishment. Take care of yourself, hun. It really does make life that much easier.

    ResponderExcluir