segunda-feira, 24 de maio de 2010

A No-Go (+YMIAC and YMIAJ)

Hey, bloggers!

It´s Monday, once again! How was your weekend? Fun?

I certainly had a peculiar one. More on that later.

Now, I have sad news to share. Very, very sad news. Remember my British Excitement?

So… it´s not happening.

And what hurts me the most is the fact that I had everything on my side. Mom was excited, helping me choose the best campus. Grandpa had agreed on paying for my flight and gave me support. I was decided to face this trip as a challenge. I´d spend three weeks eating only what I was offered (and, believe me – that doesn´t include much greens or organic food).

But no. I won´t be traveling for a 3-week course in England simply because…

Dad said “No”.

Yep. England´s a no-go.

It all melted away.

My vacation. My course. My plans… My dream.

(I´m sorry if I´m beeing too dramatic… I realize I sound like a spoiled little girl. But I truly want this since I was little. England has always been one of my top dreams. London+Paris= The Perfect Trip. Get it? I´m devastaded.)

Anyhow. Enough complaining! I guess it just wasn´t meant to be. At least… not now.

I didn´t post on Friday on purpose – I wanted to wait until Dad said “Yes” so I could immediately share the amazing news with you guys. Major fail.

Let´s just rewind, then… Back to where I left you:

FRIDAY

Breakfast

DSCF3110

YMIAC (Yogurt Mess In a Cantaloupe!)

DSCF3114

Pure. Bliss.

DSCF3111

1/2 container of non-fat plain yogurt with 1/2 crumbled granola bar inside 1/2 a cantalupe. Not HALF bad!

:)

School Snack

DSCF3119

Pear

Lunch

DSCF3126

I met Grams for lunch!

DSCF3136

Yep. At that amazing vegan/vegetarian restaurant called “Vegan Vegan”.

DSCF3134

So comfy and cozy. Pure love!

DSCF3128

I´ve had an organic greens salad with a blob of vegan mayo as a starter…

DSCF3132

And then, the so-called “Optional Dish”:  Organic Soy-Cheese Kibbeh, beans, pumpkin-y veggies, brown rice and grated carrots and beets.

DSCF3133

My favourite passion fruit+ ginger juice was on the side, obvs!

DSCF3129

It was F-U-N.

Dessert

DSCF3137

No lunch is complete without FRO-YO!

DSCF3139

We were both very excited :D

DSCF3140

Different toppings…

DSCF3141

Her choice – pomegranate fro-yo with strawberries, mango and marshmallow sauce.

DSCF3145

My choice – diet fro-yo topped with pineapple and mango slices.

DSCF3150

Modern environment…

DSCF3149

Fun lightning!

I was certainly a happy camper :D

Dinner

DSCF3156

Raw carrots, ginger slices, ~1 tbsp of brown mustard.

DSCF3158

Baked carrot (sausage-alike), sweet potato, Cottage Cheese and Zucchini Bake slice.

DSCF3160

Altogether = perfect dinner combo.

SATURDAY

Breakfast

DSCF3161

My other cantaloupe half and a pear.

School Snack

DSCF3170

Yes, I went to school on a saturday morning! Only to wait for my parents, though. Parents and teachers were having a Parent/Child Reunion. Only I wasn´t able to join them :/

DSCF3169

I sipped on this diet version of a guarana juice brazilians often drink. I forgot how fake it tastes, though – so I threw most of it away. Bummer.

DSCF3177

I spent the rest of my time listening to music and playing with my LoveCalculator iTouch App – so fun!

DSCF3176

Hey… A girl can dream, right? Haha.

Lunch

PIC_0390

Lunch was tough. I was at Dad´s house, having lunch with him. I served myself while he stared at me – grandma´s chicken pasta with ~2 tbsp of mashed pumpkin, tomato slices and a small piece of grilled chicken. I couldn´t finish it all, and the chicken tasted weird… But I ate my food. Dad looked proud :)

Snack

PIC_0393

About an hour or so after lunch, Dad invited my to a Fro-Yo date. How could I say “No”? I chose the plain fro-yo topped with mango and pineapple. The pineapple tasted awful, though – terribly sweet. Left the whole pineapple portion, but ate all the rest up :)

Dinner

PIC_0397

PIC_0399

Dinner was eaten at the mall, while me and Dad were running some errands and waiting for my sister (who was having dinner with her friends at Outback Steakhouse inside the mall). I chose a white cheese and hummus sandwich on a whole wheat bun, with a side of fresh OJ. Couldn´t finish it all – but it tasted AWESOME!

SUNDAY

Breakfast

PIC_0401

I´ve had a slice of white toast with a little brazilian cheese melted on top, plus…

PIC_0402

A little cup of coffee with non-fat milk. It´s been a while!

PIC_0404

I planned on eating that pear, but… it just didn´t happend :/

Lunch

PIC_0407

Lunches at grandma´s house are always delicious. Yesterday was no different – I´ve had a small slice of broccoli and ricotta quiche with a tiny piece of lasagna and heart-of-palms slices. Y-U-M.

Dinner

DSCF3183

Back at Mom´s house – my true home. Slice of leftover broccoli quiche, cottage cheese and zucchini bake, ginger and heart-of-palms slices

DSCF3180

Plus a chopped carrot with brown mustard on the side. For crunch ;)

DSCF3181

Yummalicious.

MONDAY

Breakfast

DSCF3188

Can you believe it?

DSCF3193

Me neither!

DSCF3194

YMIAJ!

DSCF3201

Made with 1/2 crumbled granola bar, 1/2 container of non-fat plain yogurt and leftover Cinnamon Raisin Swirl. The perfect final touch :)

DSCF3197

Speechless.

School Snack

DSCF3205

A super juicy mini-pear! One of the bests I´ve ever had, seriously!

Lunch

DSCF3207

Oops. I did it again.

DSCF3208

I was feeling a bit nauseous and considered skipping lunch… But then I remembered I couldn´t. So I chose something cool and light on my poor stomach…

DSCF3209

A medium-sized zero (0% fat, 0% sugar) Fro-Yo at Yoggi.

Not what you would call a super-healthy lunch… But it fitted me well ;)

Dinner

DSCF3212

Slice of broccoli quiche and zucchini bake, heart-of-palms, baked thin slice of pumpkin and sweet potato, steamed cauliflower and chayote slices.

DSCF3216

What I call the perfect dinner :D

Wow! I guess I did have tons of pics to share, didn´t I?

I should be saying goodbye. I still have math, physics and biology homework waiting for me. Oops!

Hehe.

See you lovies later!

XOXO

G.

10 comentários:

  1. uve got such a beautiful family <3 love ur blog!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Aww, sorry about your trip :( You're young though, you'll make it there eventually!!

    Amazing food pics, as always!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. bummer about the London trip! Sorry to hear that!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. your grams is soooo cute! love her!

    im sorry to hear about the london trip, hopefully you will get another chance to go- maybe in college where you can fully experience all London has to offer (hellllloooo clubs! lol) you never know!!!
    love all your food, especially the food at the vegan place.. how about i come down there, so we can hang out and eat all day long? lol

    ResponderExcluir
  5. you and g'ma sure do love the fro yo! i do too :)

    sorry about not being able to get to london. there will be other opportunities im sure!

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Aww girl I'm sorry to hear that your trip to England is a no go, but remember that just because it's not happening now, doesn't mean it will never happen. I've never been to England, either, but I'm really hoping on going in the future.

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Gorgeous food pictures!!!

    I'm sorry to hear about England. I have no doubt that you will be able to visit in the future, though. :-)

    I'm so jealous of the fro-yo. There is nowhere like that anywhere close to where I live!

    Love you lots...you are doing GREAT girlie! xxxxxx

    ResponderExcluir
  8. I am so sorry to hear about your England trip falling through :( I am sure it will all work out though in the long run. Way to stay positive!

    Scott

    ResponderExcluir
  9. girl sorry about england :( maybe this was God looking out for you tho. you really need to get mentally healthy!

    ResponderExcluir
  10. How come you have all this diet fro-yo and drinks??? you need to EaT FULL FAT FOOD!!!

    ResponderExcluir