quinta-feira, 27 de maio de 2010

Good Things Do Happend

Hello, people!

Can you believe it´s almost Friday again?

This week… this year has totally flied by! I´m impressed. And amazed :)

I hope you´re all having a great week. I know I am, haha.

Ok, let me set the record straight. I have EXCITING news to share!

“Tonight´s gonna be a good night…”

I´m going to Demi Lovato´s concert!

I couldn´t be more excited. I think she´s a great singer, and an example to be followed. Have you heard about her fight against bullying?

Besides, I do love all her songs ;)

Anyhow - I´ll have to be quick. I only have a few hours left to get ready, grab my bag and GO!

I know you guys understand. Hehe.

Let´s see…

TUESDAY

Breakfast

DSCF3220

Great. Combo.

DSCF3222

~2 spoonfuls of cottage cheese with 1/2 crumbled granola bar and a pear

School Snack

DSCF3225

A pretty big apple, this time.

Lunch

I had lunch with grandma again! So. Much. Fun.

DSCF3235

Great photo skills… Haha.

DSCF3236

My 1st plate (minus the crushed vegetable pie on your right – tasted like mud): tabouli salad, sliced beets, tomato&white beans salad, a small slice of tuna and leek quiche.

PIC_0412

2nd plate (from the sushi bar) – Ginger slices, raw salmon and tuna sashimi, grilled salmon slices, cucumber salad.

PIC_0413

Peach-Flavoured Iced Tea on the side.

DSCF3237

We actually went to a self-service restaurant – you weight your plate, and you only pay for what you eat. They had an amazing sushi bar – can you see it, right behind Grandma?  This guy on her side´s a host of a tv show about traveling that she loves to watch. She was (clearly) excited to meet him “par hasard”!

Dinner

DSCF3241

I started off with a pumpkin and spinach soup (homemade)…

DSCF3242

Followed by a plate of deliciouness! A baked sweet potato, a small lice of broccoli quiche, baked pumpkin, baked tofu slices (à la miss GlidingCalm), plus steamed chayote and cauliflower.

DSCF3245

By the way – thanks for the recipe, girl! It tasted awesome.

DSCF3244

LOVE.

WEDNESDAY

Breakfast

DSCF3249

1/2 non-fat yogurt and 1/2 crumbled granola bar.

DSCF3252

On a Starbucks Mug! YAY :)

DSCF3257

Always a winner in my book.

School Snack

DSCF3259

Perfectly red apple

Lunch

PIC_0415

With Mom – slice of leek quiche, soybean salad (with sliced carrots and cucumber) and a caprese tower (argula, tomato and white cheese).

PIC_0417

With a glass of fresh unsweetened OJ on the side, for good measure.

Dinner

PIC_0419

At a restaurant called “Andy´s”, with grandpa, his girlfriend and my cousins. I started off with Iced Tea

PIC_0420

And then, I “created” a veggie sub that contained: low-carb bread (don´t ask – they only said it was 20% lower in terms of carbs!), brie cheese, pickle mix and olives. I expected more…

PIC_0421

But it wasn´t too bad. I managed to eat half.

Dessert

PIC_0424

My absolute favourite… small plain Fro-Yo!

PIC_0425

As good as always :)

THURSDAY

Breakfast

DSCF3263

My crazy mix: a tbsp of cottage cheese with 1/3 container of non-fat plain yogurt, plus 1/2 crumbled granola bar.

DSCF3262

Believe me when I say – a winner!

School Snack

DSCF3267

My pink-ish little friend.

Lunch

DSCF3270

Small slice of broccoli quiche, zucchini bake, ginger and tomato slices and cooked carrot sticks.

DSCF3273

Randomness.

Wow – it took me quite a while to go through all of those pics! Looong post, yet again. Oops :)

I have to go, now… But I promise to take lots of pics to share with y´all!

Wish you a FUN night!

XOXO

G.

5 comentários:

  1. Have fun at the concert tonight, girl! I love the atmosphere at concerts and can't wait to hear about what a great time you had :)

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Hope you had fun at the concert!! I love Gliding Calm tofu- so simple and delicious!! And I absolutely adore ginger, so the pile in your lunch is making me crave it!!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. have a great time at the concert!!!!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. I hope you had a great time at the concert! Your meals look fantastic...I love quiche any time, any kind!

    Have a fantastic weekend!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. I hope you had a wonderful time at the concert! And a brilliant weekend lovely!!

    (ooh...I really love quiche...such a summery food!)

    ResponderExcluir