segunda-feira, 26 de abril de 2010

Not-So-Often

Hello, blog-world!

Wow, it´s been a while. I know, I keep saying this, right?! My regular posts just don´t exist anymore, as you may have noticed. Life´s been busy!

Let me update you on a few things!

1- My test week is over. I already have some of the results!

2- I traveled on Friday and came back on Saturday. I spent both Saturday and Sunday at my Dad´s house, which explains the lack of posts. Oops.

3- Even though I had almost a week free, I´m exhausted. I haven´t slept decently since… the beggining of April. I´ve been spending lots of nights wide awake, and I just don´t know why. The only thing I know is that no sleep at night means a whole sleepy-mode day. Not so pleasant.

4- There were no new posts, but I made sure I was reading all of your blogs! I´d like to thank you all for the amazing comments I received, by the way. You´re all too sweet!

5- Today would be my grandfather´s 76th birthday. And I have mixed feelings about this. I spent the whole day thinking of him, and how great would be to still have him around. But I know he was suffering, so maybe it was for the best… I just don´t know. I feel a bit sad. Quiet. I miss him.

But I don´t mean to finish this post on a sad note. Here are some of my latest eats!

BREAKFAST

DSCF2642

Random pineapple slices (P.S.: I only ate half of one of them… Hehe)

DSCF2651

Fruits from the airplane

Pic_0068

Fruit plate from the hotel´s buffet

Pic_0034

1/2 container of non-fat plain yogurt with an apple

LUNCHES

Pic_0055

Cucumber salad, pineapple, sliced chicken, pumpkin slices, chayote, tomato and carrots

Pic_0056

Plus a glass of fresh OJ on the side

Pic_0070

Caprese panini – melted mozarella cheese, tomatos and …

SNACKS

DSCF2710

An apple

DSCF2439

Granola bar

DINNERS

DSCF2641

THE. BEST. SANDWICH. I´VE. EVER. HAD.

Smoked Salmon, Buffalo Mozzarella cheese and pesto sauce on a whole wheat pita bread. OH. MY. YUM.

(Fresh passion fruit+ginger juice on the side… SO YUM!)

Pic_0065

Grilled fish with steamed veggies (broccoli, baby carrots and heart-of-palms)

Pic_0063

Fresh OJ on the side ;)

DSCF2711

Baked sweet potato, mashed pumpkin, slice of chicken breast

DSCF2723

Prettiest meal ever!

Baked acorn squash, roasted carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and beet, tomato salad, tiny slice of veggie quiche and a square of spinach and ricotta pie, smallbaked sweet potato.

So, yeah. There are a few pics missing (since my “new” phone won´t download my new pics into my computer… WTH), but I promise I´ll do a post just for random delicious eats you´ve missed. Now, a few shots from last week:

DSCF2639

Me and grandpa having dinner together

facao13

6 in the morning – the airport, Day 1

facao12

On the plane with my little cousin

DSCF2652

Lunch with the fam

DSCF2655

At the restaurant´s entrance

facao

Visiting grandpa´s Hydro-Eletric Power Station (still under construction)

DSCF2656

View from the bridge

DSCF2671

The inside part

facao15

Listening to the engineer

DSCF2675

DSCF2679

DSCF2680

Rescued animals

DSCF2689

DSCF2691 

DSCF2698

Including… snakes!

DSCF2694

DSCF2696

“Nobody moves, now! She´s lethal!”

DSCF2697

Oh, wow. T´was scary :P

 DSCF2700

Hydro-Eletric Power Station´s Sign

facao4

Family Photoshoot

facao3

Having fun at the airport

facao2

Saying goodbye!

I hope you liked the pics from my trip to Catalão/GO. I promise I´ll be back sooner, lovely people!

See y´all!

XOXO

G.

11 comentários:

  1. I know how you feel about your grandfather. I lost my grandpa last year to cancer and it is really hard. He is in a better place now looking down on you

    Scott

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Looks like such a fun trip!! I know your grandfather's birthday must be bittersweet, but he really is in a better place now :)

    I always love all the fresh fruit you have- so yum!

    Have a great day love!!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I love all the pictures! Thanks for sharing :) That's one huge snake!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. I'm sorry about your grandfather's birthday, I'm sure he is watching over you.
    Your trip looks awesome! I love all your photos - that fruit looks so gorgeous and fresh!
    Snakes are not my favourite (like giant worms!) but it looks like you had a fun time!!! :-)

    I hope your exam results are all okay and you get some better sleep.
    Love you mucho! xxxxxx

    ResponderExcluir
  5. I'm sorry about your grandfather's birthday but it looks like you had a great trip...such great pictures!

    I hope you get some sleep soon!

    ResponderExcluir
  6. look at all that fruit.. i love it all!!! looks so good.
    the trip pics came out so nice! now i am going to look up to see if your grandfather's work is one of my customers.. wouldnt that be FUNNY?! (we sell products to Hydro plants etc, and a few of my customers are in Brazil...)

    ResponderExcluir
  7. I'm sorry you haven't been sleeping well... try reading a really boring book in bed.

    I'm sure your grandfather is thinking of you somewhere, too.

    ResponderExcluir
  8. wow amazing trip! all the food looks so great (the fresh OJ looks the best)
    Katherine

    ResponderExcluir
  9. I think it's great that you were thinking of your grandfather, hun. Shows just how good of a person he must have been to mean so much to you. I know it's hard, just try to remember that he's in a better place now and watching over you to keep you safe.

    Your trip looks like it was lots of fun, but I have a big big phobia of snakes... eep!

    ResponderExcluir
  10. awww, you and your gramps are so cute. that is one funny shaped sweet tater :)

    ResponderExcluir
  11. Congrats on finishing your tests! What a great feeling that must be! :)

    I always feel the same way on my grandparents' birthdays...But even though they are no longer here, I know they are watching. And it's a great time to remember all the fun times you had together!

    Your family trip looks like it was a blast!

    ResponderExcluir