terça-feira, 6 de abril de 2010

It´s Raining Cats And Dogs!

The city stopped.

rio

rio2

Rio de Janeiro has became a total mess. School are all closed, the government is asking everyone to remain at home, people that worked until late night yesterday are still trying to get to their houses… It´s chaotic out there :/

Which means I woke up today by 5am, took a bath, got dressed, had breakfast -

DSC02622

1 slice of whole wheat bread with a tbsp of cottage cheese and a juicy pear

studied chemistry, did some biology exercises, got ready… And received “the call”.

It was my uncle (he drives me to school everyday, because he´s a taxi driver). He said it was impossible to leave – his car was floaded by the street. He suggested me to call my school, and about 20 minutes later we discovered that not only Teresiano, but all carioca schools had cancelled its classes for the day. Oh, well. The only bad thing was that I couldn´t sleep again.

I spent the following hours doing blog-reading, reading a few books and studying – just what I needed :)

At around 11:30 am, I´ve had a snack – Mom and Nete had to wait until the rain got weak to buy food to make lunch. We were literally starving by then.

DSC02624

DSC02626

An apple with 1/2 tbsp of PB&Co´s Cinnamon Raisin Swirl

I gotta admit – this PB has grown on me! It wasn´t love at first sigh, but I´m completely obsessed with it right now! SO good.

DSC02627

Love.

By 3:20 pm, then, lunch was served. I was so happy to discover Mom had bought sweet potatoes and cauliflower for me :)

DSC02628

Rest of that chicken pie, carrot and beet slices, small baked sweet potato and steamed cauliflower

So, yeah - we´re stuck at home for the rest of the day. But we´re managing to have fun!

DSCF2199

DSCF2200

Lelê is having her fair share of sweet treats

DSCF2204

Mom and Lauter are watching a movie together (“The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button”)

DSCF2203

Me, currently watching “The Princess And The Frog” with Lelê

(Please, don´t mind the messy hair and the Mickey sweater.. Hehe.)

Anyhow… I´ll let you guys know if anything changes. But yes, I´m safe. Thanks for asking :)

See y´all soon!

XOXO

G.

9 comentários:

  1. Wow, that's a lot of rain!! Glad you're safe and sound :) PS- I sent you an email this morning!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. I can't BELIEVE that weather! Stay safe!

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Aw you guys are so cute. I'm sorry to hear you have such torrential rains, that sounds scary. Glad to know you're keeping safe and trying to have fun inside though.

    I'm with you on the Cinnamon Raisin PB. I bought a jar once and I didn't really like it at the beginning but part of the way through the jar it finally grew on me.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Oh, wow... that's some crazy rain! I'm glad to hear that you're okay, though, and that you're managing to have some fun while being stuck in the house; The Princess and The Frog is definitely a good way to pass the time... I love that movie!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. Lele is adorable! Stay safe and have a good night, girl!

    ResponderExcluir
  6. Gosh this sounds crazy! I hope that everything goes back to normal soon.
    Lele is so adorable! Nothing's better than watching Disney films. ;)

    ResponderExcluir
  7. brazillian BEAUTIES!!! yall are adorable :) stay dry!

    ResponderExcluir
  8. Aw you look so cute in your picture. Be careful in all of that rain and enjoy your time off! :)

    ResponderExcluir
  9. So much rain! You should see it as a time to relax and enjoy yourself ;) It's not often that you get asked to stay inside and not go to school. You are beautiful girl! Hope you have a good day! xoxo

    ResponderExcluir