segunda-feira, 1 de março de 2010

This Is It

This is it.

Everybody knew it would happend, someday. It´s just that I never thought the day would come so soon :(

Today, at around 2:30pm, Osvaldo Francisco Pereira, my grandfather, died. Luckily, it was softly – his pressure started dropping slowly, and he felt no pain at all.

I was at school. Strangely, by that time, I asked someone what time was it. And then I started to get dizzy… Sleepy… I felt bad. About an hour later, the floor monitor called my name, telling my Mom was outside, waiting for me. I didn´t know what was going on – why would I leave school early on a Monday aftenoon?

Then, once I´ve gotten into the car, Mom told me. My first reaction was to cry. Cry hard. I spent some good minutes crying desperately, as if I wanted to bring him back with my tears. Then, slowly, I realized I shouldn´t loose control or anything like that – he was suffering. At least, now, he feels no pain. After struggling for almost 4 months, he died in peace – which was the most wonderful thing. He died with all his family around him, visiting him, supporting him.

All I know now is that someone else is watching over me right now. Apart from my great grandmother. And that he was obviously very welcomed in heaven :)

Anyway. I´m just not in the mood for describing too much today – I guess y´all understand. But, before showing y´all the pictures, I just wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the support and the sweet words, guys. Reading your comments today made me feel a thousand time better, seriously. You guys rock ;)

Now, onto food:

In honor to Peanut Butter Day (thanks Katie for warning me!), breakfast was:

DSC02172

Sliced apple+ 1 tbsp PB

DSC02173 

School Snack:

DSC02174

Lunch:

Lettuce, soy, turkey breast, olives, grated beets, heart-of-palms, mustard.

DSC02175 

Snack:

 DSC02176

(with)

DSC02177

Light Soy Sauce, Red Pepper Sauce

DSC02178

Dinner:

DSC02180

Turkey Breast and Low-Fat Cheese Crêpe with a Diet Matte Tea

DSC02179

See you guys soon.

And thank you again for all the support.

Love you all!

XOXO

G.

7 comentários:

  1. I'm so sorry Gabriela! I will be praying for you and your family.

    ResponderExcluir
  2. oh gabriela i am so sorry about your grandfather. i know it doesn't mean much to hear, but he's in a better place now and isn't suffering anymore. my thoughts are with you and your loved ones

    ResponderExcluir
  3. I am so sorry for your loss Gabriela.

    ResponderExcluir
  4. Aw, I'm so sorry love :( Big hugs! I know how difficult it is, but I'm glad you're able to realize that he is in a better place now with no suffering. I'll be praying for you!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. oh gabriela.. tears just came to my eyes.. im giving you a big hug from up north.. im so sorry to hear about your grandfather.. hes defitely in a better place sweetie, and definitely looking down on you and your family : )

    ResponderExcluir
  6. I am so so so sorry to hear about your loss! I hope you are able to find strenth!

    ResponderExcluir
  7. I am sincerely sorry for your loss. I send lots of virtual hugs and support. My thoughts go out to all of your family. xxx

    ResponderExcluir