domingo, 28 de fevereiro de 2010

Foodie Heaven

Hiya, bloggies!

:)

How was your Sunday?

I hope y´all had a great time at the weekend… Because tomorrow´s Monday! :P

Oh, well. You gotta do what you gotta do ;)

I woke up this morning in such good humor. Even though I couldn´t sleep so well, I felt so much better. Breakfast was something I really missed – yogurt.

DSC02155

1 container of non-fat yogurt plus 1 sliced apple

DSC02156

As good as I remembered :D

Then, the morning went on… And plans with my mom´s father were canceled :/

I enjoyed my “free afternoon” to visit grandpa at the hospital. By the time I got there, lunch time was almost over. So I went downstairs with my grandmother by 2pm to have lunch with her… She definetely needed a break.

DSC02157

I´ve had 1 tbsp of brown rice, 1 scoop of black beans, steamed cauliflower, ~3 tbsp of cubbed chicken, grated carrots and eggplant and tomato salad.

DSC02159

Plus an apple from the dessert buffet :)

When we got back to grandpa´s room, I saw Mom and Lelê – they wanted to visit him too. It was kind of nice to have other visitors - he´s been fed through his nose, and apperently that hurts a lot. He spends the whole time groaning, or making furious sounds while trying to take the tub off. He didn´t eat a single thing (at least not through his mouth) for 2 days. It´s so hard to see him like this, breathing loudly and heavily, with closed eyes… I wish I could talk to him. I wish he could hear me.

Oh, God. I just want him to feel better. Whatever that means.

But, anyway… After spending a few hours there, holding his hand and watching him sleep/wake up, Mom said it was time to go. So by 4:30pm, Mom, Lelê, Bruna and I left the hospital. We planned on going straight home – but then, we realized we were basically outta food :/

We ended up driving to the mall to have something to eat and to look around. I wasn´t in the mood for hanging out, though. So we just waited for Mom while she was at the bank and bought food. Lelê had a bowl of popcorn, Mom had a Banana Pie, and Bruna had a plate of rice, chips and strogonoff. Moi?

DSC02166

Holy Moly. THIS. WAS. AWESOME.

DSC02167

I´ve had a Turkey Breast and Buffalo Mozarella sandwich on a whole wheat bread. I was in sandwich-heaven!

:D

And, for dessert, something that I´ve been craving for a loong time…

DSC02168

FRO-YO! Period.

DSC02171

With blueberries, pineapple chunks and banana slices. The perfect trio.

Of course, I absolutely HATED it ;)

Oh, my. I ate waay too much today…

But it was totally worth it. Haha.

:D

Have a great Sunday night and a great week, guys!

Tomorrow´s post will be a little later then usual… School ends at 5pm :P

Anyhow… See y´all!

XOXO

G.

11 comentários:

  1. that froyo was the perfect ending to that sandwich! it looks soo awesome girl! get it!! i LOVE cheeeeeesy sandwiches-they are my fav!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Froyo is amazing on any occasion! Yum!!

    treschicalamode.com

    ResponderExcluir
  3. Oooh that froyo looks like the perfect thing right now! You and your family/grandpa are in my thoughts and prayers!

    ResponderExcluir
  4. You definitely didn't eat too much- your body needs fuel girl! The cheese melting off of that sandwich looks heavenly, and froyo is always a good choice. Hang in there this week with school!

    ResponderExcluir
  5. So glad I found your blog Gabriela!

    It's been too long since I've had fro-yo - your fruit-topped version looks amazing:)

    I'm excited to keep reading and hopefully learn more about Brazil from you! If you get the chance to check out my blog - it's one of my "Top Goals before I'm 30" to visit your country!

    Have a great week:)

    ResponderExcluir
  6. i'm sorry that your grandpa is in the hospital! i'm glad you had froyo, gotta represent your blog name :)

    ResponderExcluir
  7. Nothing hits the spot better than buffalo mozarella, right? Except maybe frozen yogurt. :)

    ResponderExcluir
  8. lol, what is with this 1 tablespoon rice business? At least a cup!

    Aw, I'm sorry about your grandpa...I do hope he gets better too...but more importantly, that he has peace inside!

    ResponderExcluir
  9. Sorry about your grandpa, but I'm glad you got a visit in!

    ResponderExcluir
  10. im glad you got to see your gramps.. i hope they can at least ease the pain he is in for as long as they can.. im praying for you guys!!! *hugs*
    hey i left you an award on my blog post from saturday.. let me know if you cant find it!!!!!!!!!

    ResponderExcluir
  11. Thanks a bunch for your comment on my blog! Your eats look ace! That fro-yo looks like a perfect way to end the weekend! Sorry to hear about your grandpa, I hope gets better soon.
    Hope your Monday was marvelous! xxx Jessica.

    ResponderExcluir