quinta-feira, 11 de fevereiro de 2010

February 1st

Hey, bloggies!

So, this was what happend on February 1st… While I was in NYC!

Breakfast was eaten on our way. We woke up late!

DSC01910

Spinach and Swiss Cheese Omelet – YUUMY!

DSC01911

Plus, of course, a small non-fat Café Au Lait. Hot :)

See, we were planning to go to Metropolitan Museum. But we didn´t know it was closed on Mondays! But we managed to take a few photos on the outside before leaving.

DSCF1594

Having fun with the sun :)

We couldn´t just go back to our hotel – it took us almost 40 minutes to get there, by foot! So, what to do?

We decided to grab our NYC guide. Which helped – a lot. We didn´t know the Natural History Museum was so close! Then, we checked (if it was opened on Mondays) and turned around – on our way to the American Museum of Natural History :)

DSCF1597

Look what we found on our way – freezed!

DSCF1606

DSCF1605

I was so excited to be there!

DSCF1613

On the inside – without flash!

DSCF1619

DSCF1621

DSCF1645

DSCF1643

DSCF1666

We took a billion photos while in there – everything was so cool and interesting! I was psyched!

DSCF1650

Waiting to see “Jorney to The Stars” – narrated by Whoopi Goldberg!

DSCF1671

DSCF1674 

Then, we took a break for lunch – they had such a cute cafeteria!

DSCF1675

I ended up choosing to eat at the salad bar – everything looked so good!

DSC01912

My plate had:

- chicken

- carrots

- broccoli

- corn

- cauliflower

- soy beans

- cucumber

And probably something else that I don´t really remember right now ;)

After lunch, we spent some more time at the museum. It was so cool!

DSCF1677

We were sad when it was time to leave! :(

I totally wanna got there again. Soon ;)

On our way back, we stopped at Strawberry Fields. We weren´t planning on visiting John Lennon´s memorial, but since we were there… We snapped a photo!

DSCF1685

Cool :)

We weren´t sure of what should we do for the rest of the day – then, we decided to watch a Brodway Show that was going on a few steps from our hotel – Mamma Mia!

They show would start at 8pm, but we still managed to do some pre-show shopping at Toys R´Us.

DSCF1686

The coolest store I´ve ever been to! I felt like a kid, once again!

Me and Mom got to the theater at about 7:40pm – it was already crowded!

DSCF1687

Excited!

Between the two acts, I ate almost an entire container of granola bars. Peanut Butter flavoured – AWESOME!

DSC01916

The best my cellphone camera could do :/

After the show, we were headed to dinner at an awesome restaurant – all of the waiters were trying to get parts on Broadway shows, so they all sang!

DSCF1690

Our waitress – rocking a slow song ;)

I ordered a sandwich called “Mamma Mia!” ;)

DSC01918

Which ended up beeing not a such cool option – I didn´t know it had fried chicken in it! I had to take (almost) all the fried chicken to eat it. The rest was awesome – melted mozzarella cheese and marinara sauce. Pickles on the side ;)

It ended up beeing a cool night. I had never been in such a restaurant where the waiters and waitresses sang. And they sang well!

:D

We got late at our hotel – ready to sleep :)

I hope you´re enjoying the recap!

See you guys later for today´s post ;)

XOXO,

G.

3 comentários:

  1. Ohhh I've been to that diner before! I forget what it's called, but I went there after seeing Mama Mia, too!

    ResponderExcluir
  2. Seriously?! WOW! What did you order there?

    ResponderExcluir
  3. awesome recap of NY!!!! i love the sandwich.. too funny!!

    ResponderExcluir